Saturday, May 9, 2009

Reyes in Special Care

I received a call this afternoon from KKH that Reyes has been transferred to Special Care Nursery (SCN). I was elated! Finally, another milestone reached.

I visited him with hub at SCN in the evening, first time to SCN, was a bit disoriented but finally managed to find Reyes. He was sleeping in a bassinet and I carried him for a while. The staffing ratio at SCN is not as high as that of NICU but I managed to get hold of a nurse for an update.

Reyes weighs 1900g today and he is on 30 ml of EBM every 3 hourly. They have stretched his milk intake to 3 hours as of today, I hope he is coping well with it.

I just realised that I'll not have a chance to step into NICU at KKH again. I really wanna thank all the nurses and doctors in NICU for taking such good care of Reyes during his stay. They have been such wonderful people, giving me updates and assuring me that my baby is fine. A big thank you to all of you!!

Took some pics of Reyes today, he was smiling a lot and we managed to capture that in that last "smiling" pic of his. haha, he was smiling and squinting his eyes at the same time. hee.



No comments:

Post a Comment