Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Ups and downs...

On Mon, when I visited Reyes, he was having another of those blood transfusion, the attending nurse told me that was necessary becos his haemoglobin (red blood cells) level is getting low.

It could be due to the fact now that he is on one hr CPAP and 3 hrs of air hood. His heartbeat was about 180+ probably due to him pumping his heart faster to supply more oxygen to the rest of the body and the fact that he has to breathe harder. I also learnt that he has got some abnormal vessels in his right eye at Stage 1 and he is due for another eye test next week. I was a bit disheartened when I left the hospital. His weight was at 1740g then.

I held him for a while and he was sleeping so soundly. I was secretly praying under my breathe that all will turn out well.

No comments:

Post a Comment