Saturday, April 18, 2009

Weight gain

Hasn't had the time to update these few days. Reyes now weighs 1360g as of yesterday, a tremendous increase in weight from 1286g 3 days ago. His EBM intake has been increased to 8.5 ml/hr. This is the only comforting thing for now. I was hoping he would hit 1400g today.

We were anticipating a call from NICU the whole of yesterday to inform us of the echo scan results on the PDA but no one called. When we were there then we realised that the scan wasn't done, it is likely to be done today though. But according to the attending nurse, through the stethoscope, the doc could still hear murmurs.

I was a little dishearten upon hearing this as it would means that a surgery is inevitable. But as I told my hubby, perhaps God needs a little more time and maybe we'll hear better news on the scan results today. Haha, I know this sounds a little lame but we need every little bit of comfort now.

I'm kind of prepared for it anyway, so I'm just waiting...

No comments:

Post a Comment