Saturday, April 25, 2009

Yeah, another milestone reached!

Today's visit was a very pleasant one. Reyes upgraded to the open cot!!

Just when I was pondering when he could do that, I was pleasantly surprised that he weighs 1530g today already. When we were there, the attending nurses was about to change the bed for him and I was given a chance to carry him. I was so excited as I sat near the incubator waiting for the nurse to swaddle him and hand him to me. When he was finally handed over to me, I was so happy! This is the first time I could physically hold him in my arms since I delivered him, the feeling is great!

As I was carrying him, his eyes were wide opened staring at me and occasionally looking at daddy who was taking pics of him nearby. Cute! I realised his double eyelids like gone eh.. haha

I asked the nurse when will I be able to latch him on directly for breastfeeding and was told that he has to be off the CPAP to do that. They will be removing the CPAP on a trial and error basis starting Mon to see how well he can tolerate. Let's hope he gets off the CPAP soon. The nurse also mentioned that he would probably need to be moved to the Step Down Unit first before proceeding to Special Care.

I took some pics today, I'll let the pictures do the talking. :)






4 comments:

  1. Evonne, great to see Reye's excellent progress! M sure he will be home real soon...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Evonne,

    We have been reading your updates regularly and are elated at Reyes' progress. There many in the Americas praying for him and his family.

    Kind regards,

    Greg

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Blackhera,

    Thank you, I'm super glad that he is progressing well too. Let's hope he acn be discharged soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Greg,

    Thank you so much for your prayers. I hope the swine flu didn't get to where you are. Will be praying for you and family as well. :)

    ReplyDelete