Wednesday, March 18, 2009

PDA?

Hubby just called after he left the hospital transporting only 10 ml of milk. The neonatal Doc spoke to him about Reyes's latest condition. He has having this condition call Patent Ductus Arteriosus (PDA) whereby it allows the oxygenated blood from the left heart to flow back to the lungs, this might cause the infant to be short of breath. Apparently this condition is very common in premature babies and Reyes is put on medication 12 hourly for this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patent_ductus_arteriosus

When I heard this, I couldn't help worrying but Hubby seemed pretty positive about it. Reyes now weighs abt 900+g after shrinking from his birth weight.

I don't want to think too much, I just wanna concentrate on getting my milk supply up.

No comments:

Post a Comment