Friday, March 20, 2009

Phototherapy

Went to see Reyes last evening, there's this blue light on top of his incubator and his eyes are covered. That is because of the high bilirubin levels in the blood due to an immature liver. The level of bilirubin in him is now 115 down from 119 but he has to reach 75 for his current weight. He has made some progress on his weight gain, he is now back to 1100g.

Remembered I mentioned the CPAP was off him, now its back on, I guessed he needed some assisted ventilation. But I do see some abrasion and dried blood on his nostrils and that made my nose twitched a little holding back the tears.

I was told that the 2 umbilical Artery and Venous Catherer was removed from Reyes at about 4:30 pm and they are monitoring to see if he is coping ok and if there will be any bleeding. He is digesting my EBM well and thats a very good piece of news.

Again, I reached into the incubator to touch him and talk to him and he was murmuring something. Are you talking to mummy, Reyes? Be strong for mummy ok?



2 comments:

  1. Hi vonnie,

    Dropping by to give you some support :) Aww.. he's just so lovely. Reyes will be fine and keep the EBM coming! Drink lots of water, that will boost supply as well.

    Keeping you and Reyes in my prayers.

    Lotsa love
    Ceva

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Ceva! I sure can do with your support and encouraging words!

    ReplyDelete