Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Update from the doctor

Got a call from the doctor in NICU today, he called to update me on Reyes's progress which I wasn't aware of. Apparently the attending nurse doesn't give a proper update, I've decided to look for the doctor on duty to give me an update.

I was told that since that vomitting incident, although the test result came back not indicating any infection, they still did a blood transfusion for him as he appeared a bit pale. I was quite taken aback as I wasn't told of this although we've already signed the consent form, I still expect to be updated when there's a need for anything like this.

I was also told that his previous problem of PDA is back, although the last dose of medication helped to close the PDA, it is now opened again. Doc will not be administering medication to him this time round due to the side effects on the tummy but instead wait for Reyes to beef up a little before deciding what to do as the chest muscle might have developed a bit more.

There was also a cranial ultrascan done yesterday and the cyst is still present even though there's no mention of the flares. I'll be visiting him in a while and hopefully I'll get a proper update.

No comments:

Post a Comment